Our environmental policy is centered on recycling green waste, Fletchers Trees is currently turning 85% of its waste into firewood, with the remaining 15% being chipped and supplied to various specialist end-users.
We produce over 500 tonnes of logs every year, so we tend to know a bit about them !!! We have been supplying firewood to the local area since 1939, and now the fourth generation can be found lending a hand in the winter months. The founder, Jack Fletcher could be found on a log splitter up to the age of 85, thats how much he loved them.
Each piece of wood that is too big to put through a woodchipper, comes back to our yard in Cheshunt. The mixed species pile of wood is left to stand and season for over twelve months until processing. By means of chain saw and specialist logging equipment, we process the timber into ‘log’ sized pieces. This is then left in a barn to season further.
We then sell the logs loose on a truck for a kerb side delivery within a 20 mile distance from Cheshunt. We then deliver a truck that contains 2.2m³ of logs and tip off for the customer. If you would like a delivery, please get in touch. Our service is personal. We take your order by phone, cut your logs to size and deliver them during a pre-arranged time slot that suits your schedule. All of our woods are sourced locally, and because we season them properly they’re efficient and clean-burning.
Wood chip Deliveries
The other arising material from our tree surgery is wood chip. Although not quite as decorative as decorative bark, it does the same job as a mulch, suppressing weeds for a fraction of the cost. Any piece of timber that is 4” or less in diameter will be put through a wood chipper on site, and then brought back to our yard. We then sell to power stations as a form of biomass, or to the general public, garden centers or equestrian facilities. Please get in touch for a cost of delivery.